Early in the year I started an iTunes playlist called 2018. I added songs to it as it occurred to me. I didn’t really have a plan, but it ended up creating a portrait of my year.
Many tracks are new music that resonated with me. A few are old favorites that had particular relevance this year. I did just a bit of light editing (paring down to one track from any given album) and rearranging to taste.
Hope you find something new that ya like. Here’s the tracklisting:
- Fly As I Dare – Shredders
- How Did This Happen!? – Bodega
- Stand By Me – Ki:Theory
- Nont For Sale – Sudan Archives
- We’re Alone – Naked Giants
- Yr Throat – Jeff Rosenstock (favorite new song of the year)
- Noid – Yves Tumor
- What a Time to Be Alive – Superchunk
- Sour Cherries – Kitten Forever
- I Feel Energy (feat. Amber Mark) – Dirty Projectors
- Barcelona City Tour – Mourn (favorite new band I saw live)
- Aquarius – Starry Nights
- Unbelievers – Ezra Furman
- Depreston – Courtney Barnett
- 22 (OVER S∞∞N) [Bob Moose Extended Cab Version] – Bon Iver
- Gold Rush – Death Cab for Cutie
- Heaven – Charly Bliss
- Sun In an Empty Room – The Weakerthans (theme song for the excellent Heavyweight podcast I discovered this year)
- Everybody’s Coming to My House – David Byrne
- Annihilation (feat. Sims) – Four Fists, P.O.S & Astronautalis
Thanks to Neil for the Google Play version!